Bhubaneswar: Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Odisha as eight more deaths and 3645 new positive cases were reported in the last 24 hours.
With this, the Covid-19 death toll in the State rose to 645, while the cumulative caseload jumped to 1,58,650, including 35,928 active cases and 1,22,024 recoveries on Tuesday, informed the State Health and Family Welfare Department.
Cuttack reported three deaths, while Boudh, Kandhamal, Rayagada, Sambalpur and Subarnapur reported one death each.
Of the fresh cases reported from across 30 districts, 2,151 were detected from various quarantine centres while 1,494 were local contact cases.
According to the data shared by I & PR department, Khordha reported the highest 517 novel coronavirus cases followed by Cuttack (357), Puri (246), Bargarh (157) and Balasore (156).
The Health and Family Welfare Department shared the details of the eight Covid-19 positive patients who succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours.
- A 65-year-old female of Boudh district
- A 50-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & morbid obesity
- A 52-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 45-year-old male of Cuttack district
- A 55-year-old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes
- A 50-year-old male of Rayagada district
- A 51-year-old male of Sambalpur district
- A 70-year-old male of Subarnapur district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension